Thursday, August 2, 2012

Toys - Takara 1/72 Dougram Soltic H8 Roundfacer Diecast


This is one of my old favorites - It's so nice, I've owned two of them. The first one was a gift from my parents, which a friend lost. The second one, I found in Greenhills and immediately bought.

Takara Fang of the Sun: Dougram Diecast Toy: Soltic H8

Takara Fang of the Sun: Dougram Diecast Toy: Soltic H8 - Parts breakdown
It's a 1/72 scale diecast toy of the Soltic H8 from Fang of the Sun: Dougram. It's from Takara, and the heft of this toy is, quite simply, satisfying.

I also have its "brother", the Dougram itself:


Takara Fang of the Sun: Dougram Diecast Toys: Soltic H8 and Dougram





3 comments:

  1. This oddly reminds me of these robots that appeared in the Transformers G1 episode that introduced Vector Sigma and the Stunticons or the Battletech Shadowhawk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right on the BattleTech reference, Rocky. They took the designs from Dougram for some of their original mecha - Later on, they had to redesign some of the stuff so as not to get into copyright trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap on a cracker, I HAD one of these!

    ReplyDelete