Saturday, December 3, 2016

New entries in the periodic table of elements

As much as I am a geek about many things, I have to say with much sorrow that I had difficulty with chemistry. I still love it, though, in a "No, Macgyver, it doesn't work like that, the Mythbusters are better at it" sort of way (haters and trolls: I'm just having fun there).

Still, a new periodic table!

"Following tradition, the new additions to the seventh row of the periodic table received names that paid homage to either the region of their discovery or a person, and their suffixes reflected chemical consistency. Nihonium, Moscovium, and Tennessine are named after places where they were discovered: Nihon (the Japanese word for Japan), Moscow (Russia’s capital), and Tennessee (the U.S. state), respectively. Oganesson was named after Yuri Oganessian, a Russian nuclear scientist."

https://futurism.com/we-have-a-new-periodic-table-of-elements/

No comments:

Post a Comment